Sunday, August 29, 2010

Simple Prayer.....Simple Changes

In July, I attended a Jewelry Lady Rally in Texas. Since the company I represent is a Biblically Based company, it is sort of like a business meeting meets Women of Faith event. While there, a lovely Jewelry Lady named Beverly Terrell, shared a prayer that she says each morning as she starts her day with the Lord. She challenged us to start out day out this way and "see what God can do with you".

Here is the prayer:
"Father, today, help me to change my mind about the things that You and I don't agree upon."

Wow! I can hardly believe the way that this simple prayer has helped me to re-align my heart and mind to be more like His. Many mornings, this is the only part of my prayers that I get out and He is faithful to show me something that I need to surrender to Him and align with His plan and His way. He has helped me to be more patient with those who challenge me in negative ways. He has helped me to remember that I once was lost and in need of a Saviour and so rather than judge another, He has taught me to pray for them. These little changes in my heart and mind have helped me to see the things around me in the way that He wants me to see them.

How about you? Are you ready to take on the challenge and pray in this way? If so, please let me know how it changes YOU as I know you will be encouraged in your walk when you realign your ways to His ways, your plans to His plans, your thoughts to His thoughts, your perspective to His perspective.

Father today, help me to change my mind about the things that You and I don't agree upon. In Jesus name, AMEN


1 comment:

teri-free2bme said...

Amen! I will pray in this way more often! ... need to ALL THE TIME! Thanks for the challenge; after reading your post, the Lord has convicted me of my weak prayer life lately (a good thing to be convicted). Thank you, Jesus... thank you for this post!

Have a GLORY-US (you and Jesus) day ; )