Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scripture Memorization #2

Hosea 10:12 Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.

This verse is going to be a challenge for me not only as a memorization verse, but as a life application. When I took on this challenge, I decided to be diligent about praying and seeking to receive verses that challenge me spiritually. This verse caught my eye and got me to pondering when I came across it a few days ago.

It is interesting to me that it states to:
A. "sow righteousness"
B. "reap unfailing love"
C. "break up the unplowed ground"
D. "for it is time"
E. "until he comes and showers his righteousness"

Logically, when you plant a crop for harvest, you:
A. make sure it is the proper time to sow
B. plow up the ground
C. sow
D. water (showers) and last
E. reap a harvest

Also, I notice that the verse states that we begin and end with righteousness. Interesting.....

1 comment:

teri-free2bme said...

So glad you're participating with Memory Verses this year. God's blessings upon you as you "challenge" yourself with His word and He "showers his righteousness on you." I love the planting, harvesting, reaping analogies God uses in Scripture (being a gardner and all)... I can relate!

Not sure if you caught at the bottom of my "Wymore Christmas" post, but you, my friend are one blogger I hope to meet in person someday! You are a true "sister in Christ". Have a great week!!!