Wednesday, February 9, 2011


The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

Ever have one of those moments when the love and acceptance of the Father is so overpowering in your life that you aren't able to fully take it in?   I had a moment like that with Him today as I way reading this scripture verse.  Oh the love of the Father...nothing compares to the greatness of knowing Him and partaking of His sweet, sweet fellowship.  To be wrapped in His loving arms anew this morning as I read this Bible passage was just what I needed in the depths of my questioning and doubting heart. 

As I read these words I was overtaken with the love He lavishes on me each any every day....while most of the time, I am completely unaware of His great, great love for me, His daughter.  So very thankful today that He is the One that is with me, mighty to save me, He takes delight in me.....yes, DELIGHTS in me, quiets me with His love (and how very often I need to be quieted!), and then He tops it off by singing over me as His words of love penetrate my cold and dreary heart.  

I am not alone in this love of the Father!  He has enough for me, for you and for everyone...if we but allow Him to love on us.  Praying that whoever may come across this post today would feel closer to God than they did a moment ago.   May He bless you ans keep you as your open your heart to Him and allow Him to take delight in you and rejoice over you with singing.  What a beautiful picture the words of this scripture paints for me today!  I pray this post encourages you as well.  

No comments: