Monday, June 13, 2011

Simpler Times

Today, I am writing in hot pink in honor of my daughter, Alyssa.  She is an amazing young lady full of talent and so many gifts.  She has had some struggles and is learning from these times of doubt and rebellion.  


As I was watching her walk the aisle a few days ago during her high school graduation, I was reminded of many moments in this journey that is her life.  We have had a rough leg of the journey these past few years, and it is just recently that things are starting to look a bit brighter.  Through the years, we have had moments of sharing a laugh, sharing a joke, a smile, a cry, exchanging a glare, a frustrated sigh or a word.  We have had moments of not seeing eye to eye and other times where we say nothing and know what the other is thinking.  There have been times when we laugh so hard we cry, laughed again and then cried some more because it is just THAT funny!  There are so many things I appreciate about Alyssa Raquel that I would not have enough room here to share it with you and it would bore you anyway.  


I just wanted to take a moment and express how special she is to me and how my life would not have been as blessed without her in it.  I would not change one day, one moment, one event.....I would do it ALL over again to see the smile that I saw on her face during graduation.  ALYSSA did that....on her own and in record time!  I am so proud of you, Sis!  Love you more than you know and as I always say, "When you have a child of your own....then you'll know exactly how much I love you!".........so proud of you for all that you are and all that He has in store for you in your bright future!  ;)  Always remember Jeremiah 29:11  for He knows the plans He has for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you a hope and a future!  Looking forward to watching you move into all He has for you in your future!  Love ya, Mom



2 comments:

teri-free2bme said...

Alyssa is beauty-FULL- Truly! Congratulations, Alyssa on your graduation. God has you destined for many wonderful blessings to come...

...and to you, Yvette (Mom), you are the best! This post filled me with warmth & joy as I read what is in your heart.

Love ya, girlfriend! Teri

Color me blingy! said...

Thank you, Teri. She is an amazing girl and God has plans for her for sure....as He does for all of us. :)