Ever have those times when change comes along and hits you without you even seeing it coming? I'm not talking about those changes that (gasp) I don't have control over.....like a loved one or close friend dying, life choices being made by a loved one, etc. I am speaking about those painful inner changes that need to happen and that tug and pull at your heart and require effort on my part to actual occur.
In the not so distant past, change like this would make me freeze and shutter a bit before I would become upset and then eventually, yes often inevitably, I'd then have to deal with it. Now, though, I am actually at a point in my life where I am fine with change....actually embracing it! This change is due to much prayer and seeking His guidance for my life, and the realization that I am much better off when I listen to Him and His plans for my life.
With that being said, I know that a few changes are just around the corner so that my words are actions and not just words. :) That is how the Lord is.....teaches me then tests me in that area a bit. I have discovered that there are lessons in change and God is molding me to be more like Him and in order for that to happen, I have a lot of changing to do! Boy howdy! LOL!
The Bible tells us that there is a season for everything. Check it out here:
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
A time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what was planted;
A time to kill,
And a Time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
A time to case away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.
What is it in your life that needs to change? I would love to encourage you to embrace those changes! I would love to hear from you how embracing change has effected your life. In the past few years, I have been witness to a couple of friends who have been thrown curve balls in life and had to deal with major changes. Both of these wonderful friends have embrace these changes and are now using the experience to help others! Love that!
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment