Confusion and disruption
My heart is all askew
Turned upside down and inside out
Not knowing what to say or do!
What then shall I do?
It's hurting and aching
And longing for You.
But you seem distant
Far, far out of view
I cannot feel You near me
Let alone see a glimpse of You.
"Have faith", my dear child
I faint can hear You say
So through prayer I talk with you
Every night and every day.
There I pour out my thoughts
My concerns and feelings too
Having faith that You are listening...
That You'll tell me what to do.
Yet I feel and hear nothing
No response from You
This, in my heart, is how I feel
Yet I know that You are true.
True to Your children
And true to Your Word
so, I press in a bit closer
Is that really You I just heard?
Sometimes I feel You
Sometimes I hear You
Sometimes I am just lonely
Wondering what I should do.
Faith is a mystery
A gift from You to me
Embracing it completely
Sets me completely free.
So with teary eyes and openness
My heart to You fully exposed
I come to You, My Father,
This mess now to dispose.
Fully, You welcome me
Taking me in Your arms
This is the only place I'm safe
Completely free of harm.
The answers are not here just yet,
The ones that plague my heart
But I know that when I come to You
You are faithful to do Your part.
Loving me, and teaching me
Holding me against Your chest
Knowing You see the bigger picture
And will take care of all the rest.
Will I do this? Will I trust?
Once again will I seek your face?
Or will I simply push You out
And let worry occupy Your space?
Face to the floor, I cry out again
Once again seeking Your embrace
Knowing that You are faithful
To wipe all of the tears from my face.
Knowing You are with me
Is a comfort for my heart
So I come to You and cry to You
Knowing You'll give me a new start.
Refreshed and feeling better
I scarce can leave this place
For fear of having to once again
Be left with this life to face.
"Have faith, Dear one. Be not dismayed"
You whisper in my ear
And that is when I know for sure
That it is my Father that I hear!
Thank You, Lord for loving me
And helping me make it through
A rough time, a hard time..for they are
Simply times I'm brought to You!
Head up, eyes up
And heart lift up too
I am ready to face the hardships
For through faith all things lead to You!
This is a poem I wrote during a difficult time of seeking the Lord for an answer to some questions I have had to face over the course of the past few years. Not knowing what the answers were to be, and being unable to discuss my heartache with anyone who might "understand", I was forced to seek the Lord as never before.
Night after night and day after day, I have been seeking Him with the heartache that doesn't seem to subside. With each step along the way, He has shown me that He is more than faithful.............He is the Faithful One. He is the Protector of Hearts, He is the One Who Comforts like no other, He is the Wiper of Tears, the Holder of Hearts and the Mighty and Faithful Father that loves me more than I can think or imagine. He was there for me on so many occasions when I knew He was there.........and He was present during times when I didn't realize He was with me. He has taken me down paths that I know without Him would have ruined me. He has prepared my heart at times and at other times, He has protected it. He is the One who sees it all, but loves me enough to only show me bits and pieces along the way as to not overwhelm me from the sheer greatness of what is to come from the tragedy I may soon be facing.
Throughout these past few years of struggles and trials, He has shown Himself True! As I think back, I cannot help but ask myself, "Knowing what I know today, if I had it to do these past few years all over again....would I?" First response, the answer is......"Um, probably not!" But then again, as I dig deeper within myself for a deeper answer and I am totally honest before Him, I can say....."No". Why? Because then I would have missed out on this opportunity to grow in Him like never before. Yes, I would have liked to have spared the heartache that all of this has caused in the lives of those I hold dear, I would have to say that these struggles and situations have made all of us stronger. Dale and I have had our faith tested, our nerves wracked and on some levels, it seemed all hope was dashed. But together and individually, the Lord has been and continues to show us that He is here! He is in the middle of all of this struggle, strife and heartache. He is still Lord in this home....still wanting my children to repent and seek Him once again as they once did. And I can now say with all honest that I have hope that He is not finished with us all yet! Until our last breath on this earth, each one of us makes a moment by moment decision to follow Him or not. As for me, I choose Him! As for my house, I am prayerfully saying "We will serve the Lord." Maybe not all of us at this moment, maybe not all of us this day.....but my hope, my prayers and my faith are placed completely with Him. That even when we aren't faithful....He is.
No comments:
Post a Comment