Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 1: Blog a Day for the Month of May 2014

Well, it is that time of year when I start posting a different blog each day for the entire month of May....and I am 7 minutes late in making my first entry!  Life....it will do things like this to you!

It would be great to say that I have a direction, a plan, some sort of thought as to where this will begin and where it will end.  As of this moment...I have no clue where we will travel what I will share and who will be reading these entries.  Really, the only plan I have is to commit to blogging each day for this month.  So here goes....

Friendship.  A simple word with deep, deep meaning.  I have friends that I have known for over 20 years, some for a few months or so.  We all have different ways that we met, different reasons why we are friends and varied interests, to say the least.  Some of my friends are outgoing, some reserved, some are all about the bling, others want to be the wallflower.  There traits I have seen in my friends are:  happy, friendly, quite, loud, funny, shy, vivacious, kind, giving, generous, slightly diva, adventurous, loyal, trustworthy, and smart.  Many are overcomers of one thing or another in their lives.  They are: mothers, sisters, grandmothers and aunts.  Some are all of these to many people.  They are helpful, hardworking and full of fire!  Each has shared with me and I with them....moments of laughter, silliness, joy, sadness, anger, outrage, courage, faith, hope, and each one.....love.

If you are reading this blog and consider us to be friends, please know, I appreciate you.  Others have summed up friendship in the following ways:

“It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” 
~ Marlene Dietrich

“Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.” 
~  E>B White, Charlotte's Web

“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered.”
~ A.A Milne, Winnie-the Pooh

“Tis a great confidence in a friend to tell him your faults; greater to tell him his.” 

~ Benjamin Franklin

“How many slams in an old screen door? Depends how loud you shut it. How many slices in a bread? Depends how thin you cut it. How much good inside a day? Depends how good you live 'em. How much love inside a friend? Depends how much you give 'em.” 
~ Shel Silverstien








No comments: