Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 2: Blog a Day for the Month of May 2014

Today I want to share the words to a song that has always inspired me.  I can recall listening to this song around the time of my sisters graduation from high school.  We would often listen to songs on the radio while washing dishes (our evening chore).  Not really sure why, but the song just inspires me.  Recently, my daughter and I have been carpooling (me to work...her to school) and I usually have Christian radio on in my car.  They have been doing a week-long fundraising effort and we wanted to hear something other than horns blaring and bells dinging as contributions came in over their phone lines.  Alyssa found this song on her phone and two days in a row now, we have been singing this song with all that is in us as we travel to work.  Hope it inspires you today in some way as well. :)



"We Are the Champions" By QUEEN
I've paid my dues
Time after time.
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒
I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

(And I need just go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses,
No pleasure cruise.
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose.

(And I need just go on and on, and on, and on)

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world.

We are the champions, my friends,
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
We are the champions.
We are the champions.
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions.

No comments: