Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 3: Blog a Day for the Month of May 2014

Day 3 and a few days away from Mothers' Day.  Thought I might give a little suggestion about "what to get mom".

For me, Mothers' Day is about celebrating my mom and my mother-in-law.  In the past, I loved to send cards to my grandmas as well.  For me, there is just something special about giving and/or getting a card with a handwritten note inside.  I think of the time it took for my children to pick out that card; the one with just the right words to express things that they may not be able to say to me personally (for whatever reason).  Sometimes I get funny cards with a gentle stab at my "mothering" skills.  Other times, I receive one with pretty flowers covering the front of the card with sweet words and lots of handwritten hearts and smiley faces inside the card.  The best ones (for me) are the handmade ones with personalized crayon drawings of me holding a handful of flowers.....my eyes unaligned and one slightly bigger than the other, my hair a mess on top of my head and my (usually) unusually large feet peering out from under my pink dress.  This Mothers' Day, I will be giving cards to my mom and mother-in-law....maybe I should find some crayons and really bling that card up for them!  I know that they will love whatever we give....even if just a card, they will know the thought behind it and appreciate it and maybe, just maybe, they will recall what makes being a mother so special. 




No comments: