Friday, May 11, 2012

Are You a Wrestler?

Often times, actually many more than I would care to admit, I have been known to be a God wrestler.  Yes, I will be honest, I have attempted to wrestle with the Champion....and every single time, of course He wins.  I have learned though that this is due to the fact that He has already won!  He won before the struggle even before it began.  I love that about Him.  That although He has already won,  He loves me enough to see me through the struggle to once again see that He is ever for me....not at all against me!

So let's "talk" about this for a minute.  Have you ever wrestled with God only to find that at the end of the struggle, the winner is not only Him but it is also you?  We are made stronger when we face times of trial (or should I say trial and error?).  He loves us enough to never force us to change our ways.  He is a gentle wrestler, that is for sure.  He could totally at any given moment slam me to the mat!  However, this is not at all His way.  He gentle tugs at my heart to pull me ever closer to Him....if I but allow Him to do so.

At times of my deepest struggling is when I have found Him to be the closest to me....if I would be put aside my own thoughts, my own ways, my own feelings.....and look at it from His point of view.  And while I can pray and ask for Him to reveal to me the things that only He knows, it is for my own good that He so often doesn't allow me to view all that He sees.  This is why it is called faith, I guess.

In closing, I want to share with you the words painted on a plaque that I have in my dining room.  It reads: "Without faith, nothing is possible.  With it nothing is impossible.  Love this truth!

No comments: