Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Friendships

Blog a Day for the Month of May- May 2nd Edition

Today I would like to speak a bit about friendship.  Friendship is an investment of time, feelings, emotions, trust, and love for another.  In a society so wrapped up in social networking sites, we have lost sight of true social interaction.  I love those times in my life when I can grab a cup of coffee with a dear friend, or go to lunch with a new friend.  It is these connections that keep us sane, I feel.  A true friend is one that sees you through thick and thin, through good times and bad......and you are there for her in the same way.  I have found that a true friends are few and far between.  Throughout my life, I have had a handful of true, dear, close friends.  Some of these friendships span decades.  I am grateful for each friend that God has placed in my life.  Of course, as a Christian woman, I know that there is a Friend that knows all about me and has known me since before the foundations of the earth were established.  To think that the God of the Universe calls me His friend....amazing!

In closing, I want to say that I appreciate my true friends who know me and love me anyway. :)  ....you know who you are!

Proverbs 18: 24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, 
   but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

No comments: