Monday, May 7, 2012

Just Like Riding A Bike....

.....once you learn to mow the lawn, you never forget how.  Proved that tonight.  Got me thinking about other things I do that I seem to never forget how to do.  Things like speak before I think.  (Big one for me.)  Forget my "personal filter".....you know, I say something that I should have thought twice about saying before I actually say it.  Mmmmmm......

Lately, my prayers have been less about what I think I need and more about asking Him to guide my prayers.  Have you ever done that?  Here lately, I start my prayers with, "Father, show me today what it is that You desire for me.  Who it is that You desire for me to impact today?  Where it is that You want me to go?  Then, Father, help me to ask You for the help I need to do all that You ask of me each day...this day."  It is amazing how my perception has changed since asking Him for what it is that is important for him to bring to pass in my life.  Not my will for my life, but His will at work in and through me.  It is freeing and refreshing to say the least to be in His perfect will on a moment by moment basis.  Why then do I sometimes go back to trying to do it my way?  Or do things on my own, outside of His covering?"  Oh yes, that's right......He is God and i am a mere human.

'Thank you Father for loving me enough to not leave me where I am today.  To love me beyond this moment and to love me clear into eternity! Amen"



No comments: