Friday, May 25, 2012

Making Up Our Own, I Tell Ya!

So my brother and I carpool to our jobs almost each day.  (Hard sometimes for me to believe that I survived growing up sharing the same room with this boy!)  Anyway......normally, I listen to K-love on my commutes, but my brother likes '70's and '80's rock music.  Since I don't mind that sort of music, and he can only handle so much positive and encouraging music, we have recently changed the station to a local rock station.  All of our lives, it seems, we have made up our own words to the tune of whatever song is playing.  It is always on the fly, while the song is playing.  One of us will start to sing using different words and the other one soon is joining in....usually for the chorus (if predictable as to where the song is headed) or for verse two.  My brother always gets the guitar solos (I am the one driving) and I will sometime join in on the drumming end of things by tapping my steering wheel (safely of course).   I must say, today was an exceptionally creative day.   It began with, "We don't want to work today...NO!...we don't want to work today!  We don't want to work today, we want to play!" (From the song "We're not Gonna Take It".  We ended with, "Don't Stop Believin" that went a little something like this. Me: "I'm just a small town girl, drivin' on this lonely road, I'd take the midnight train but there aren't any here."  My brother (the fisherman): "I'm just a small town boy, never been to south Detroit, I take the midnight ship going way out there." Chorus: "Don't stop......sneezin'...Because it is the season....Allergies and pollen.....oh-oh-ohhhhhh".

Ok, I'll stop now....I'll stop.

No comments: