Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Life's Little Snapshots

Recently while looking for something else, I came across a pile of old photos.  I was soon distracted by the images of the past.  As I flipped through photo after photo I was taken back to small little snapshots of moments in my life.  There was pictures of a little blonde girl in a green flower dress on her first day of school...a picture I received in the mail when I had moved to Oregon while my family was still living in Utah.  A picture of a one year old boy in a baby blue sweatsuit sitting at a piano with his pointer finger on middle C as it should be....a picture taken by my mother-in-law as Zach played piano at her home.  A smiling boy in a Mickey Mouse shirt on "the best day ever!".....a picture of Zach at 6 months old that I snapped in my livingroom after he woke up in a super happy mood after a little afternoon nap.  Another one of a three year old girl with a big red bow in her hair and her face plastered into one of my favorite flowers (Shasta daisy) will her hand was delicately holding the stem...taken at the home of Dale's Aunt Lee one sunny afternoon while she watched Alyssa for a few hours.  Moment after moment, captured on film to be looked at years later and allowing me to be taken back to that exact time of my life.

This of course got me thinking about how the Lord must look at my life.  How He looks through the moments in my life and smiles at the memory.  Looking back at the moment when I first decided to follow Him.  The day I baptized.  The day I walked down the aisle to marry Dale, a man of God with a face that always carries a smile.  How I  turned to Him in the roughest night of my life and poured out the deepest corners of my heart to Him knowing that He understood when no one else, including me, could.  Those moments when I looked around at His creation in awe, as He looked down on me and smiled.

Snapshots of my life....viewed by me that allowed me to see how He views snapshots of my past.  It warns my heart to know that He loves me and that He is ever for me.


No comments: